Friday, February 25, 2011

White Horse: Work in Progress


Something a little different today...

I thought that I would show you a large horse painting that I have worked on for several days. I hope to finish this 30" x 40" canvas this weekend. I took it as far as I could, and let it "rest" for a while before deciding exactly how I want to portray the horse's mane.

I want to add a flowing mane, but I don't want to obscure any of the musculature, which I intend to be the highlight and main focus of the acrylic painting. This dilemma was cause for a respite.

I still need to paint in the shadows, too. I may minimize the mane, and simplify the bright background a bit. But I am pleased with the cool hues of the horse.

Please stay tuned as I attempt to finish this latest project.

No comments:

Post a Comment