Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Red and Green







I used my light box to highlight these small red peppers nestled against the large, dark green pepper. I enjoy these two colors together, even outside of the holiday season.

I completed this small 5" x 7" oil painting last night, and attempted to photograph it in natural light. I still think that I can improve on the photography, but the colors are fairly true. I think I may frame a few of these pepper pictures, and offer them for sell as a set. I am debating the frame color, though. I don't want the frame color to compete with the intensity of the oil colors in these brightly painted works.

I don't believe that these paintings will require a varnish. The oils that I used were very consistent.

Please contact me with any questions or comments.

Until tomorrow, Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment