Friday, February 18, 2011

Not So Peachy Keen



Oil Painting
6" x 8"


I had a real struggle with this peach. It was such an unusual color and shape, that it really did not look like your typical peach. The colors were more yellow and purple than a typical "peach" hue,and there was very little fuzz and no stem. On top of that, it had a large bump on the bottom.

I thought that it might make for an interesting painting; however, I am still on the fence about the outcome. I just really want to go ahead and add that fuzzy texture (that isn't actually there) so that it will look more like a peach than a nectarine.

I think that I will move on, though, and try painting that poblano pepper I bought 2 days ago. I'll go ahead and tell my mother that she can eat the peach, as she has been threatening to do, since I bought it!

No comments:

Post a Comment