Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Chasing the Light


I went on a mission to find some bottles that I could paint. My goal was a detailed study of reflective light. Unfortunately, all I could find were these clear bottles, and none of them were actually empty.

Chasing the Light
12" x 16"
Oil on Panel


But, I settled for this arrangement. Now I wish that I had klept on looking, because the reflections that I captured were not quite what I intended. I realized during the process that I had way too many light sources. This made for much confusion, especially after the sunlight decided to wane.

Eureka! This actually turned out to be a positive experience...I was finally motivated to create a light box to enable me to control my light sources. I love it. Over the next few days, I will show you several small new paintings that I have created with the use of this light box.

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment