Monday, February 21, 2011

Comparison of Light Effects











A friend suggested to me that I was doing my art an injustice by photographing and posting it in artificial light. I knew that natural light was best, and I had purchased a special "natural light lamp" and bulb, hoping to get that pure white light effect without hauling everything outside for photographing. Still, I noticed that my paintings, once photographed, looked a little "washed out", as they did not always reflect the true, pure colors that I used in the painting process.

I now conclude that there is no substitute for natural white light. As an illustration, I photographed the Big Red Bell Pepper a second time...this time in natural light. I see that the colors look much truer, richer, more accurate.

This is very important, because I want to show my art as realistically as possible, with no surprises to the buyer, or viewer, when they look upon the actual work. I pledge to improve my art photography skills henceforth!

No comments:

Post a Comment