Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Final Peppers (or Big Red and Big Green)


Okay, I don't want anyone to think that I am obsessed with peppers, so I promise that I will change subject matter really soon. But the light effects on these colorful objects are simply very inviting as a painting subject. I just couldn't resist...and since the peppers were out of season when I bought them, I naturally want to get my money's worth!

I hope you enjoy this latest exercise, which I am calling "Big Red and Big Green". This is a small oil painting, 5" x 7" on panel, which I am considering framing in similar dark frames as with the others in the "Pepper Collection". As with the other square shaped panels, this painting was completed alla prima.

Thanks again for visiting. A new challenge begins tomorrow! (Probably???)

No comments:

Post a Comment