Monday, February 28, 2011

Blue and Yellow Cups


This weekend was a busy one, but I managed to find some colorful crockery that I thought would make nice subject matter for a small oil painting. I bought several, in primary colors.

The small 8" x 8" oil painting on canvas panel that you see here was a challenge, since I deliberately chose a reflective base on which to arrange the cups. I wanted to allow the reflections to be an intricate part of the design.

I think that I achieved this, and would like to try similar challenges, using this reflective surface. I still see a little glare from the photography, as the light tends to make the oil gleam. Rest assured that this is NOT part of the painting. I will try another photograph in natural light (when the weather is not so inclement).

Perhaps I will use all three primary colors tomorrow, in a new "reflective" painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment