Thursday, April 29, 2010

View from my Florida Sundeck


16" x 20"
Acrylic


I have (fortunately) returned to Florida on 2 different occasions within the last 6 months. Both visits proved wonderfully restful and rejuvenating.

The unique pines that grow along this particular stretch of Florida coastline absolutely fascinate me: they are so very tall, yet have only a few limbs, and a big "poof" of needles on top! (I believe that Mother Nature has a real sense of humour).

Also inspiring was the crystal blue ocean just before dusk every day. Once the sun descends on a clear day, there appears this orange/pink glow in the sky, juxtaposing the incredible pale blue of the water. This is my favorite time of day!

Here is one of two acrylic paintings that I created on my first visit to this small seaport. It is the view from my second story sundeck. And believe it or not, the colors are true-to-life!

No comments:

Post a Comment