Friday, April 23, 2010


Today I am working on several different projects; unfortunately only one of these involves painting. It shall be a busy weekend, but I really hope to get a few more paintings posted on this blog over the next few days. I have a picture in my mind that is screaming to be painted: it is a marina scene from a photo I took last week along the Florida coast. I'm really trying to get to it this weekend. Here is one of my more recently completed large acrylic paintings of a young horse, primarily created with large brushstrokes. I am pleased with the overall "looseness" of the painting, and the brightness of color. I believe the final result it is an improvement over the earlier work of two running horses, more tightly rendered in acrylic/mixed media.

No comments:

Post a Comment