Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Recent Acrylic Paintings: Abstract Horses

I cannot remember a time when I was not in awe of horses. As a young child, I attempted to draw and paint them...in fact, I would even try to mimic them, "galloping" about the backyard. An inspiring combination of strength and beauty, the horse remains a popular artist's subject. And I remain in awe of these creatures.

I find that my drawings and paintings of horses have become considerably more abstract and colorful over the last few years. One of my favorite is this young pony, (shown in a previous post).




I have also worked on a few other acrylic/mixed media abstract running horse paintings, including this large one seen here.

Goldie and Shadow

24" x 30"

Mixed Media









Also, this large acrylic painting was completed about a month ago, featuring 2 young ponies, Sadie and Brooks.





Running Ponies
24" x 30"
Acrylic

No comments:

Post a Comment