Monday, May 3, 2010

Colorful Forest Landscape



Landscape paintings are probably my favorite. Perhaps that is because I like to give myself a lot of leeway for artistic interpretation when I seek to record a sprawling natural landscape. My landscape art tends to go through many evolutions within a single setting. For me, this evolution process is the most enjoyable part. I don't simply want to mimic photography - I want to incorporate my own personal perspective - and create something that is really new.


Recently I completed this large and colorful acrylic painting. I use the term "completed" very loosely here, because I have not decided whether it actually "feels" finished. I will think about it for a few days while I work on some more smaller "daily" paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment