Thursday, March 3, 2011

Pear Pair

















"Golden Pair"
8" x 8"
Oil on Canvas Panel
$100 USD
Free Shipping



This pear pair seemed almost monochromatic when I placed them in my lightbox and turned on my lamp. There were a few highlighted areas, though, and I decided to paint the reflections, too.

The goal here was to create interest with what has become a very common art subject, using some larger brushes, while keeping the realism intact.

These still lifes are becoming excellent learning opportunities for me, as I refine my talents in this medium. Also, they are valuable in playing around with tones and values. And with this smaller scale, I can complete a painting each day, and start fresh the next day with a completely fresh idea...which may be a totally different grocery item!!! (or not...)

Please join me again tomorrow with another daily oil painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment