Friday, March 4, 2011

Colorful Vista


Yesterday's small daily painting was not completed, so I decided to wait to post the final result. It began just fine, as an 8" x 8" oil painting of purplish red grapes in a small bowl. However, I was unable to complete all of the highlights without smearing or muddying the paint. So I wanted to let it dry a bit before completion, and I will save that post for later.

Today I thought I would share this large landscape canvas, which I have never posted before. I started this 3' x 6'(approximate) canvas on frame about 4 months ago. I wanted to mull it over a while because I am undecided whether or not it is finished. My intentions were to go back in and add highlights to the pathway, along with tall grasses, and small rocks. But I have had second thoughts about adding such fine details when the tree leaves are quite impressionistic rather than detailed. Any suggestions?

I plan to do some painting this weekend. Maybe I will finally finish this landscape, and stop brooding over it. Meanwhile, back to my still life!

No comments:

Post a Comment