Monday, April 25, 2011

I've Been Swamped for a While...


"Hidden Green Wonderland"




12" x 12" Oil on Stretched Canvas




Okay, that IS a pretty cheesy title, given that my most recent painting is a swamp landscape. Sometimes, though, it is difficult for me to resist such a play on words.

Sorry for the extended absence, but relocating my office took twice as long as we expected, and I have been without those necessities of life, like Internet, email, blogging... etc....(What big, electronically dependent babies we have become!)

Back to the oil painting...
I was inspired by a gallery challenge celebrating "Mother Earth". First, I sketched out this painting from 3 actual bog photos, and began painting by large color blocking. The result is somewhat monotone, but the colors are fairly true to life. I may try another version of this with more abstraction. I really like the look of the vibrant green moss on the old log.

Thanks for looking! I am in the process of finishing a small still life, which I hope to post tomorrow. Please check back.

No comments:

Post a Comment