Monday, January 31, 2011

Cure for a Case of the Mondays















Sunflowers and Hydrangeas
12" x 16"
Oil on Panel


Gloomy day this Monday morning. Cold and rainy. Probably why I was motivated to paint a "Happy" picture.

I have always enjoyed painting flowers, but I am particularly fond of hydrangeas - any color - whether blue, pink, purple, mixed, or even the beautiful limelight hydrangea that has become my latest floral obsession. (So far I have killed only one, but my second one is really struggling...come on hydrangea weather!!!)

As you may have guessed, this oil painting was painted from photos. I did this on a hard panel which can be framed in a standard picture frame. It really is more detailed than I originally intended, but it served well in curing my doldrums.

Stay with me as I continue my efforts in daily painting, as I complete and post a new oil painting to this blog almost every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment